Monday, March 3, 2008

My Table

This weekend I picked up the rest of my stuff from Heritage Salvage. The most amazing piece of work was my table and benches...they are just so very beautiful. Soon Bug is going to write a full history of the wood used (Salmon Creek Redwood Windfall, Washington State Barley Barn Douglas Fir...), but even the best wood is only as good as the artist, and I was lucky to have Ron take my idea and make me this:





Some of the detail in the wood:



Me at the table!



Ron (the artist) with the table!



Along with my amazing table I also got my corner stump of fir. This is 17x17x24, super heavy, and as my mom demonstrates the perfect height for putting on shoes.



My corner unit is now in my bedroom with the book shelves.





The reframed mirror is now hung up on the wall (just past the table, which has place mats my sister brought me back from Latin America).



I also got a little coat hanger, just to complete the look.



In the back yard are some planters made of old chicken hatcheries. Now I just need to figure out how to line them before I plant my herbs and tomatoes!



I am just so very happy with all of my wood work. This is the first time I have really invested in making my home my own. I am now looking forward to having people over to eat at my table and enjoy my home.

2 comments:

MelD said...

Looks great, Karna. I love the planters in the back yard and the communal feel of the impressive wood table! Congratulations!

Unknown said...

What a beautiful table! Fit for the delicious meals you cook.